To put things right right away, no, Cities Skylines doesn’t have a campaign. This is mainly because it is a city sandbox game where you have to determine your own goals or reach your achievements…
… however, Cities Skyline has campaign elements in connection with 5 scenarios in the base game. To get more scenarios, you have to purchase DLCs or you can download more scenarios from the Steam Workshop. Remember that some scenario need additional downloadable content or DLC, so you must read the descriptions!
Tips for scenarios:
- Siberian Strait – you need to build an industrial city with good transport
- New Orleans Disasters Scenario – fun scenario with a lot of natural disasters
- Belmont County Transport Scenario – investments are prepared and all you need to do is to spend them
- North Sea Oil – a lot of fun with oil industry
- SpaceX – a scenario with one goal – to launch missiles
- Tourism Challenge – you have to build a big tourist resort
- Traffic planner was an idiot – you have to repair traffic in your city
- Rebuild Challenge – a tornado has destroyed your town and you have to repair it
- Pripyat – The radioactive ruins – you must restore the famous city
- Cable Cars – with snowy mountain range, fewer cars and more lifts
- Fix the traffic – you have to fix the traffic on the map
- Build in a high mountain range! – mountains as the main challenge
- New York City Scenario – “just” a map of New York
- Transforming Beunotte County – a lot of problems, but you get a grant, so what to do?
- Mars Research Station Beta – a lot of limits and one challenge to build a city on Mars!
- Transporting Westwood – the city of Westwood has plenty of money to invest in transportation