From my perspective yes, Cities Skylines is easy to learn. For a beginner who doesn’t have experience with this type of game (city builder strategy) could be playing such a game challenging. However, if you follow the tips from this article, I can say that your feelings from playing Cities Skylines will be much better.
What to do in the game first?
In case you want to learn how to play Cities Skylines right, you must know what to do. Thanks to our article about what to do in Cities Skylines first, you will know everything you need for a successful start. When you build a city you need to:
- Plan what to build and where
- Build critical infrastructure (water, electricity)
- Build first roads
- Build first zones for citizens (residential and commercial)
- Build industrial zones
- … follow this tutorial
Set achievable goals
There aren’t any finished projects that would say “now you are done”. Your city will grow infinitely because Cities Skylines is a sandbox game. Thanks to that you must set achievable goals for yourself. There are some possible goals for beginners:
- Create a city which has a positive budget
- Create a city with 10 000 citizens
- Create a city where no one has problems
- Create a city which hasn’t problems with traffic
These goals are good for beginners in my opinion. If you search for more advanced goals, the next article can be found here.
If you prefer YouTube…
… there are some videos which I like and from which I learn the basics if needed: