Last night I was speculating on whether or not RollerCoaster Tycoon would get a sequel, and in doing so I found out that I don’t have any more information here. This game was unveiled at Gamescom ONL this past august. And which could have a positive impact on the genre.
Main elements of Park Beyond
The most important element will be CREATIVITY this will not be a reality simulator and according to the trailer it will not try to be. The goal of Park Beyond will be to force us players to invent something new – to create a completely unique park full of diverse new attractions.
From the trailer above, you can see that we’re going to have a lot of fun with everything. It’s a question of how the economic side of the game will be handled, but I think this game will make sense to at least give it a try. From the current snippets of information about the game we know the following:
- You can build by yourself or use pre-build elements
- Sandbox will be available in the game and you will be able to play as much as you want
- Either everything will be available or you will have to play a “hardcore” game.
- Creativity will be channeled through different elements like the cannon or burning hoops.
- There will probably be a story around the characters we’ve seen.
Unfortunately, there is not much information about the game yet because the developer diaries are not out yet, so we can only go by one video with creative director Johannes Reithmann who has a lot of experience in game design according to Linkedin.