Star Trek: Infinite is new band from Paradox Interactive which uses elements from Stellaris set in the Star Trek universe. This game looks like fork of successful and has the potential to bring an amazing game to a larger group of fans. Let’s take a look at how everything will work and go through all the practical info you need to know.
Release date is specified and it will be this autumn – specifically in October.
Star Trek: Infinite will be available on 12th October 2023
So currently is running pre-order in which you should get U.S..S Cerritos ship, California-Class Uniforms and Klingon Voice Pack – but you must order game before release date…
In time in which I’m writing this article there are 11,581 followers of this game on Steam platform. The game is top 261 in wishlists and top 298 in selling. From this we can conclude that there isn’t as much hype around the game as there could be, but it doesn’t look like a flop either.
Main features of Star Trek: Infinite
Star Trek: Infinite is grand strategy game with recognizable elements from Stellaris and new mechanics. Best thing which is here is about storytelling and fact that you should play more times because every playthrough will be a different.
- Play as one of four major factions – Federation, Klingon Empire, Romulan Star Empire, or Cardassian Union. Each has their own styles, characters, ships, etc.
- Set during the Next Generation/Deep Space Nine/Voyager era timeline. Focuses on stories and events from this timeline.
- Explore procedurally generated Alpha and Beta quadrants, with familiar core systems in place. Balance between the known and unknown.
- Warp travel system that requires infrastructure and logistics, avoiding simplistic starlane maps. Allows more freeform movement and warfare.
- Mechanics like balance of power and galactic tension aim to encourage shifting alliances and prevent constant all-out war between factions.
- Principles system where you can influence populations towards affiliations, allowing for potential defections between factions.
- Opportunity to recruit iconic characters from the shows into your faction. Customizable starships from across Star Trek lore.
- Focus on living your own Star Trek story through decisions, diplomacy, intrigue, and exploration as leader of your faction.
Star Trek: Infinite trailers
More videos from Star Trek: Infinite you should see in our playlist on YouTube where we have all important videos which you need to see about STI.
Preview from IGN
Price for Star Trek: Infinite
Current price is $29.99 or 29,99€ based your currency for base game.
As I mention above if you pre-order Star Trek: Infinite then you should get pre-order bonus in which are:
- U.S..S Cerritos ship
- California-Class Uniforms
- Klingon Voice Pack
Also there is deluxe edition which cost more money $39.99 or 39,99€ based your currency. In which you have all what is in pre-order bonus and also these bonuses:
- Original sountrack
- Art Book
- Music DLC
In my point of view the price for base game is okay. We get new branded universe and extended Stellaris game. Which from my point of view is totally awesome and I’m definitely looking forward to trying it out. But deluxe edition isn’t worth of money if you can pre-order the basic version.
I understand that I can’t want the deluxe edition to somehow develop the game features, but that’s something I’m happy to pay extra for. They definitely offer cool stuff for fans – I’m more likely to catch the pre-order for me. Needless to say, if you’re going to buy the game after release, you definitely want the deluxe edition.
Platforms of Star Trek: Infinite
Currently is confirmed for Windows and MacOS and you should buy only on Steam. Minimum Requirements looks completely fine and should be able to handle probably any PC. Almost to the point of wondering if there would be a port to phones.
System requirements for Star Trek: Infinite
OS: Windows® 7 SP1 64 Bit
Processor: Intel® iCore™ i3-530 or AMD® FX-6350
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia® GeForce™ GTX 460 or AMD® ATI Radeon™ HD 5870 (1GB VRAM), or AMD® Radeon™ RX Vega 11 or Intel® HD Graphics 4600
DirectX: Version 9.0c
Storage: 9 GB available space
OS: Windows® 10 Home 64 Bit
Processor: Intel® iCore™ i5-3570K or AMD® Ryzen™ 5 2400G
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia® GeForce™ GTX 560 Ti (1GB VRAM) or AMD® Radeon™ R7 370 (2 GB VRAM)
DirectX: Version 12
Storage: 9 GB available space
Bellow you should see languages in which will be Star Trek: Infinite supported by interface and subtitles:
- English (also full audio)
- Spanish – Spain
- Portuguese – Brazil
- Simplified Chinese