The saga of new Cities Skylines starts with…
Colossal Order returns
which was one of sentences of Paradox Announcement Show invitation to the March 6 event. We got a bunch of games at this event and in the end when everyone celebrate 8 years of CS we get informations about Cities Skylines 2.
Welcome on StrateGGames website in article about all informations about Cities Skylines 2. All we know about game you should find in this article. 🏙️
Release date of Cities Skylines will be at 24th October 2023.
There are questions if will be Cities Skylines 2 postponed because there are some problems with game engine Unity which change settings of fee for developers. For now Colossal Order said that release date isn’t affected, but we’ll see what other games. More information on the release date.
Standard version will cost you 49,99€ or $49,99
Ultimate edition will cost you 89,99€ or $89,99
If you pre-order game then you will get map of Tampere and 9 landmark buildings. But if you buy ultimate edition the you will save 22% from main game and first DLCs. There is price of Cities Skylines 2 analyzed more depth.
The Cities Skylines 2 are confirmed on all main platforms. Bellow you should see our platforms table where are showed ✅ support for specific platforms. Also you should look on platforms details where are more depth informations about platforms which aren’t confirmed now.
|Platform||Cities: Skylines 1||Cities: Skylines 2|
|Xbox Series S||✅||✅|
|Xbox Series X||✅||✅|
|Xbox Game Pass||✅||✅|
If you will play on Windows then there are system requirements for your computer. It looks like that we should be able to play on normal PCs – so if you meet recommended system requirements for Cities Skylines then you should run Cities Skylines 2 on minimum. System requirements of Cities Skylines 2 detailed.
- OS: Windows® 10 Home 64 Bit
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-4790K / AMD® Ryzen™ 5 1600X
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia® GeForce™ GTX 780 (3GB) or AMD® Radeon™ RX 470 (4GB)
- Sound Card: TBC
- OS: Windows® 10 Home 64 Bit | Windows® 11
- Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-9700K | AMD® Ryzen™ 5 5600X
- Memory: 16 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia® GeForce™ RTX 2080 Ti (11GB) | AMD® Radeon™ RX 6800 XT (16GB)
- Sound Card: TBC
From September all main YouTube creators started creating gameplay videos in which you should see starts of cities in new Cities Skylines 2. If you doesn’t click on our detailed article to see deeper gameplay videos then you should see trailer with small gameplay.
Currently there aren’t published any reviews. First official reviews from media we should expect on 23th – 24th of October or some days before release date. And first reviews from users we should expect around 26th – 30th of October when people will have enough experience with game.
Cities Skylines 2 has quite a tough job ahead of it, as the previous version was an incredible change for us gamers. And expectations will be high. If you’re not fully decided then really wait until there are enough reviews published.
Unfortunately, we don’t get all the gameplay mechanics we were used to in the previous version in the base game, but it shouldn’t matter, because the base game goes significantly more in depth and retains or handles a lot of things differently. Here is a selection of the most interesting features.
- Advanced deep simulation of life path and citizens
- Much better roads system in base game – more variable roads
- Advanced roads AI – parking lots in base game
- Dynamic weather and seasons – better sounds
- Completely reworked system of upgrades – game progress
- More differently zones – purple zones – mixed zones
- Upgradable buildings – deeper settings of buildings
- Detailed simulation of production and economy
- Completely reworked electricity and water services
- Disasters which we love <3
DLC and expansions
Probably yes because there is available roadmap for next quarters after release. Yo should see that we will get first expansion before summer 2024 (in 2Q2024). For me will be important pricing of each expansion…
…yes I’m ready to pay for expansion but I’m afraid it might be too much. Better to have one big hit per quarter with more depth than a lot of smaller improvements.
- Simplified Chinese
- Spanish – Latin America
Multiplayer was one of the most requested features of the new Cities Skylines 2. And for now, it is confirmed that Cities Skylines 2 will not have active multiplayer. This feature is very complex and the developers prefer to focus on the “core” features. So in Cities Skylines, you won’t be able to play with your friend on the same map. And apparently, it is not planned for the future.
For me, the big question is whether there will be a “passive multiplayer” as an economic ecosystem that virtually connects our cities. You can read what I meant in my article on multiplayer.
According to one of the leaks, there will be around 40 achievements. However, I don’t know how accurate this list will be as I can’t verify the values in the sources available to me. Nevertheless, the following information can be read behind the achievements.
- You will assign services to specific districts.
- There will be multiple services that will be open continuously.
- You will maintain transport lines like Cargo or Passengers.
- In the base game, there will probably be natural disasters.
- Forest fires
- Rat infestations
- In the game, there will be specific polices that you could assign to districts.
- There could be 150 map tiles so maps will be really big.
- You could follow life-path of your citizens.
- There will be four zone types.
Will be Cities Skylines 2 great game? Definitely yes if they will not disappoint the community at large when the game is released. Expectations from the community are very high and the developers are working hard not to let us down by setting up how everything will work.
Colossal Order makes great job the way they handled Cities Skylines. If they will make same job with Cities Skylines 2 then we can expect further success. The current game which we should see from gameplay and other places looks great.
More about Cities Skylines 2
All main features All information about CS2
Seriously everything Release date
24th October 2023 Platfroms details System requirements PRE-ORDER DEAL
Landmarks and bonus maps Ultimate edition
Save 22% by purchase